Welcome to the Herriman High School Instrumental Music blog!

My name is Mr. Shawn Mangum and I am the director of the bands and orchestras at the new Herriman High. I am very excited for a wonderful beginning with you. We will be working hard and achieving great things together. Until school starts this blog will be the quickest and easiest way of communicating with you, so come back often. There will be regular updates and new information coming! If you need to contact me directly, don't hesitate to e-mail me at shawn.mangum@herrimanhigh.org and I will get back to you as soon as I can. If you are looking for information on the Herriman High Color Guard, head to herrimancolorguard.blogspot.com.

Instrumental Music Calendar

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Marching band fall show

I have some good news regarding the marching band! We have a theme for the fall show finally. We will be working around a Western/Cowboy theme. Specific tunes have not been nailed down yet, but possibilities include music from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, The Magnificent Seven, Blazing Saddles (these are all old cowboy movies if you aren't familiar with them) and maybe something from Aaron Copland like Appalachian Spring or Rodeo. There are some great things we can do with this show so let everybody know! We will need a skilled group of people in the colorguard as well, so if you are interested or know anybody else that might be interested, have them contact me.

I have been discussing our show with our drill writer/music arranger and he would like to know how many people he needs to write for as soon as possible. If you are planning on participating in marching band this fall, please e-mail me and let me know. I have to give him a solid number on those participating as soon as possible. His name is Travis Mills and he will help us put together an awesome show this year.

So to wrap this up, remember to tell anyone interested in colorguard at Herriman to contact me at my e-mail hhsinstrumental@hotmail.com. Also anyone interested in marching in the fall let me know ASAP so our drill can be top notch. The success of our music program is up to each of us, let's make it a year to remember.

Thanks,

Shawn Mangum

No comments:

Post a Comment