Welcome to the Herriman High School Instrumental Music blog!

My name is Mr. Shawn Mangum and I am the director of the bands and orchestras at the new Herriman High. I am very excited for a wonderful beginning with you. We will be working hard and achieving great things together. Until school starts this blog will be the quickest and easiest way of communicating with you, so come back often. There will be regular updates and new information coming! If you need to contact me directly, don't hesitate to e-mail me at shawn.mangum@herrimanhigh.org and I will get back to you as soon as I can. If you are looking for information on the Herriman High Color Guard, head to herrimancolorguard.blogspot.com.

Instrumental Music Calendar

Friday, July 9, 2010

Band Booster meeting

Hello everyone! I hope your summer is treating you well! This coming week we have a few things on the calendar. Tuesday night will be our first band booster meeting. It will be at 6 PM and I am tentatively planning on having it at the Main Street Park in Herriman (13000 S 5900 W). Check back here before you go just to make sure.

Next Friday and Saturday will be the first days of our fall band rehearsals! These dates are extremely important. We will be covering new marching techniques as well as handing out some of the music for our show. Fridays rehearsal will be from 8-12, and Saturday will be from 8-4. Yes, they are longer rehearsals, so please come well hydrated and prepared to put in a lot of hard work. Plan on bringing a lunch for Saturdays rehearsal as well. The location for these rehearsals is still being finalized, so please be checking back regularly next week for more updates.

I look forward to seeing all of you again next week. Have a wonderful weekend!

Mr. Mangum

No comments:

Post a Comment