Welcome to the Herriman High School Instrumental Music blog!

My name is Mr. Shawn Mangum and I am the director of the bands and orchestras at the new Herriman High. I am very excited for a wonderful beginning with you. We will be working hard and achieving great things together. Until school starts this blog will be the quickest and easiest way of communicating with you, so come back often. There will be regular updates and new information coming! If you need to contact me directly, don't hesitate to e-mail me at shawn.mangum@herrimanhigh.org and I will get back to you as soon as I can. If you are looking for information on the Herriman High Color Guard, head to herrimancolorguard.blogspot.com.

Instrumental Music Calendar

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Audition update

Hello everyone! I have heard a few students from auditions at Ft. Herriman and I am getting very excited for the possibilities we will have starting this summer.

A quick update on auditions. There will be a make-up audition date at Ft. Herriman coming soon, no specific date though. Auditions dates at Riverton and Elk Ridge are still being finalized. Thank you for your patience.

Percussionists should plan on playing scales and solo on a keyboard instrument. Plan on playing rudiments and a solo/excerpt on the snare. If you want to play set in the jazz band be prepared to play a basic swing, rock and latin beat. If you are wanting to be a part of the drumline in marching band there will be auditions specifc for that ensemble at a later date with the drumline instructor.

No comments:

Post a Comment