Welcome to the Herriman High School Instrumental Music blog!

My name is Mr. Shawn Mangum and I am the director of the bands and orchestras at the new Herriman High. I am very excited for a wonderful beginning with you. We will be working hard and achieving great things together. Until school starts this blog will be the quickest and easiest way of communicating with you, so come back often. There will be regular updates and new information coming! If you need to contact me directly, don't hesitate to e-mail me at shawn.mangum@herrimanhigh.org and I will get back to you as soon as I can. If you are looking for information on the Herriman High Color Guard, head to herrimancolorguard.blogspot.com.

Instrumental Music Calendar

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summer band info and reminder

Hello again! I hope your last days of school are going great. We have less than two weeks until our first rehearsal! I just wanted to make sure that everybody is ready for it. Here are a few things to remember.

1 - Proper footwear. Marching band is a demanding physical activity. Please make sure you are wearing comfortable athletic shoes. ***

2 - Proper clothing. Wear clothes that will be comfortable to exercise in. We will be running and doing other physical activity along with our daily marching. Shorts must be appropriate length. If there is any clothing deemed inappropriate by any of the instructors you will be asked to go home and change. We will be outside all the time due to the school situation. Please be prepared with a jacket in case in gets a bit rainy. We will be working under a large pavillion if it does, but it may be chilly.

3 - Sun protection - Please have sun glasses, hats, handkerchiefs, sunscreen and any other items to protect you from the sun. Like I said before, we will be outside all the time, so you need to be protected from the sun.

4 - Hydrate - Drink water! We need to be safe, so come well watered! Bring a water bottle with cold water in it.

*** All horn line and drum line students will need khaki shorts, white tennis shoes and white ankle socks for the parade uniform. This is not included in the summer band fee and must be provided by the student. The shirt is included in the summer band fee and will be provided. Shorts must be within 3 inches of the knee, above or below. Rehearsals are a great way to break in new shoes, so start wearing them to rehearsals as early as you can.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I will get back to you as soon as I can.

I will see you on June 14, 7:30 AM. DO NOT BE LATE!

Mr. Mangum

No comments:

Post a Comment