Welcome to the Herriman High School Instrumental Music blog!

My name is Mr. Shawn Mangum and I am the director of the bands and orchestras at the new Herriman High. I am very excited for a wonderful beginning with you. We will be working hard and achieving great things together. Until school starts this blog will be the quickest and easiest way of communicating with you, so come back often. There will be regular updates and new information coming! If you need to contact me directly, don't hesitate to e-mail me at shawn.mangum@herrimanhigh.org and I will get back to you as soon as I can. If you are looking for information on the Herriman High Color Guard, head to herrimancolorguard.blogspot.com.

Instrumental Music Calendar

Monday, August 9, 2010

Thursday night rehearsal

Alright, here is the scoop on the DCI event. It will be Thursday evening, not Friday. So, on Thursday there will be a bit of a change to the rehearsal schedule. We will still start at 7 and go until 12. Please bring a lunch so we can start rehearsal at the high school at 1. We will end rehearsal at 4:00 in order to give everyone a chance to get to Jordan Landing for the show "DCI: Big, Loud and Live" it is a long one, from 4:30 til 10 or so. It is a quarterfinals event, not the finals. I am not sure on the cost, but plan on about $10. I am not requiring anyone to go, but I am strongly recommending that everyone in marching band attend. If any parents or family would like to join us, we would love to have you. Please let me know tomorrow if you would like to go so we can maybe get a group discount or at least get seats together. I will definitely be there and hope you will be too!
Mr. Mangum

No comments:

Post a Comment