Welcome to the Herriman High School Instrumental Music blog!

My name is Mr. Shawn Mangum and I am the director of the bands and orchestras at the new Herriman High. I am very excited for a wonderful beginning with you. We will be working hard and achieving great things together. Until school starts this blog will be the quickest and easiest way of communicating with you, so come back often. There will be regular updates and new information coming! If you need to contact me directly, don't hesitate to e-mail me at shawn.mangum@herrimanhigh.org and I will get back to you as soon as I can. If you are looking for information on the Herriman High Color Guard, head to herrimancolorguard.blogspot.com.

Instrumental Music Calendar

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Drum line audition materials

Here are the drum line audition materials. All auditions will be performed on the snare drum only. The Connecticut Halftime selection is to be performed with a match grip and the Drum Corps On Parade selection is to be performed with traditional grip. Click on the links below to be taken to a site to download a .pdf file of each tune. It is pretty simple, hopefully. The download button is fairly large and is located just right of center if you have any difficulty seeing it. If the links aren't working for you, please e-mail me at hhsinstrumental@hotmail.com and I will e-mail you the files as an attatchment. Please let anyone you know that may be interested in auditioning that they need to download these materials for the audition.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3mmazmyydog/Connnecticut Halftime[1] - Match.pdf

http://www.mediafire.com/file/q0gmqjwzt1d/Drum Corps On Parade[1] - Traditional.pdf

Remember, there will only be one audition date for drum line. It will be Monday, May 10 from 3 to 5 PM in the band room at Ft. Herriman Middle School. If you want to play on the drum line, but for some reason you can't make it that day, please e-mail me so we can work something out. That night will also be the student/parent meeting at Main Street Park in Herriman. I look forward to seeing you then!

Mr. Mangum

No comments:

Post a Comment