Welcome to the Herriman High School Instrumental Music blog!

My name is Mr. Shawn Mangum and I am the director of the bands and orchestras at the new Herriman High. I am very excited for a wonderful beginning with you. We will be working hard and achieving great things together. Until school starts this blog will be the quickest and easiest way of communicating with you, so come back often. There will be regular updates and new information coming! If you need to contact me directly, don't hesitate to e-mail me at shawn.mangum@herrimanhigh.org and I will get back to you as soon as I can. If you are looking for information on the Herriman High Color Guard, head to herrimancolorguard.blogspot.com.

Instrumental Music Calendar

Friday, May 7, 2010

Monday, May 10

Hello everybody! I hope everyone is doing wonderfully! I just wanted to put a reminder out there about what will be happening on Monday, May 10.

First, there will be drum line auditions at Ft. Herriman from 3 til 5. These auditions are for ALL students that wish to participate on the drum line at Herriman High. The audition is simply to determine instruments and parts. We will not be excluding anyone that would like to participate. Make sure you download and prepare BOTH pieces with the prescribed grip - match or traditional. This will be part of what will be determining who plays what instrument. Prepare the pieces as best you can and good luck!

The drum major auditions will not be happening on the 10th. I apologize for the late notice, but I was unable to post the materials to provide sufficient prep time, so the auditions will be postponed until a later date. If you have not already let me know that you are interested in auditioning, please e-mail me as soon as possible. Thanks.

We will also be holding our student/parent meeting that evening from 6 til 8. We will be meeting at Main Street Park in Herriman. I will post a map, or a link to a map before we have the meeting so everyone will be able to find it easily. There will be pizza and drinks. Please remember this meeting is for ALL students who will be participating in ANY of the ensembles at Herriman High next year. That means all orchestra and band students, and any middle school students participating in marching band are invited to attend.

I look forward to meeting everyone on Monday, and thank you for your patience with blog communication. I understand it isn't the most efficient, but it is what we have to work with at the moment.

Mr. Mangum

No comments:

Post a Comment