Welcome to the Herriman High School Instrumental Music blog!

My name is Mr. Shawn Mangum and I am the director of the bands and orchestras at the new Herriman High. I am very excited for a wonderful beginning with you. We will be working hard and achieving great things together. Until school starts this blog will be the quickest and easiest way of communicating with you, so come back often. There will be regular updates and new information coming! If you need to contact me directly, don't hesitate to e-mail me at shawn.mangum@herrimanhigh.org and I will get back to you as soon as I can. If you are looking for information on the Herriman High Color Guard, head to herrimancolorguard.blogspot.com.

Instrumental Music Calendar

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Jordan School District Board Meeting Update

I would like to sincerely thank all of you that expressed interest and concern over the purchase of the instruments for the marching and pep bands. It was great to see such a great deal of support.

Last night at the board meeting the purchase of the sousaphones, baritones, mellophones and drumline equipment was all approved! That was great news for me, and I am sure it is for anyone that has any interest in the success of the band program.

Once again, thank you to those that came to the meeting and expressed your concern about the matter. Have a wonderful evening!

Mr. Mangum

No comments:

Post a Comment